High School Diploma or Equivalency
High School Diploma
The high school diploma is the evidence of successfully completing the basic education required by law in order to graduate from a California public high school.
- Students must complete specified state and local graduation requirements
- These requirements vary among school districts
- Eligible for all branches military service
The High School Equivalency Test (HSE) test is a national test that may be taken in California by persons who are eighteen years of age or older, or who meet specific criteria for testing at age seventeen.
- The High School Equivalency (HSE) test is administered statewide throughout the year.
- Currently there are three approved HSE tests: (GED®, HiSET®)
- Topics tested on HSE tests include language arts/reading, language arts/writing, mathematics, science, and social studies
- The average fee to take the test is $140
- Not eligible for all branches of military service