High School Diploma
Read the information below to learn about the high school diploma.
Press Continue, to find a place to get your high school diploma.
The high school diploma is the evidence of successfully completing the basic education required by law in order to graduate from a California public high school.
Students must complete specified state and local graduation requirements. Local school districts have the responsibility for establishing graduation requirements. These requirements vary among school districts. Each student must pass an exit examination.
These requirements should be viewed as minimums and support for the regulations specified by the local school boards.
Note — Graduation requirements may vary by district
What You Need To Do
Complete the following:
- Three years of English
- Two years of mathematics (including Algebra I)
- Three years of social science (including U.S. history and geography; world history, culture, and geography; one semester of American government; and one semester of economics)
- Two years of science (including biology and physical science)
- Two years of physical education
- One year of foreign language or visual and performing arts or commencing with the 2012–13 school year, career technical education. For purpose of satisfying the minimum course requirement, a course in American Sign Language shall be deemed a course in foreign language.