Learn more about this occupation to help determine if it's right for you.
Press the Search Now button to find training programs that will get started on your pathway to this career!
Multimedia Artists and Animators
Create special effects, animation, or other visual images using film, video, computers, or other electronic tools and media for use in products or creations, such as computer games, movies, music videos, and commercials.
- Design complex graphics and animation, using independent judgment, creativity, and computer equipment.
- Create two-dimensional and three-dimensional images depicting objects in motion or illustrating a process, using computer animation or modeling programs.
- Make objects or characters appear lifelike by manipulating light, color, texture, shadow, and transparency, or manipulating static images to give the illusion of motion.
- Assemble, typeset, scan and produce digital camera-ready art or film negatives and printer's proofs.
- Apply story development, directing, cinematography, and editing to animation to create storyboards that show the flow of the animation and map out key scenes and characters.
In 2016 the mean hourly wage in the Greater Sacramento area was $32.96 . The hourly rate for this occupation typically paid between $20.35 and $50.19 .
In 2016 the mean annual salary in the Greater Sacramento area was $68,549.27 . The annual salary for this occupation typically paid between $42,334.78 and $104,391.30 .
This occupation employed 240 people in the Greater Sacramento area during 2014.
By 2024, there is expected to be an increase of 16.7% in the number of jobs in the Greater Sacramento area for this occupation, bringing to total number to 280.
By 2024, in the Greater Sacramento area, the median hourly rate for this occupation is expected to be $30.00 with the median annual salary reaching $64,258.